Buying a home is exciting! But real estate in Vancouver is expensive, so, like any big purchase, it is important to do your research before you start shopping.
Here is a suggested To Do list before you buy your home:
- Figure out what you can afford. Speak with your bank, mortgage broker to “know your numbers”. It will always be easier to fall in love with a 900K condo over a 200K. So, you need to know your price limits.
- Figure out your must haves vs. your would be nice to haves.
- Find a good realtor who will explain the buying process to you and give you tools to find your home
- Start shopping.
- Line up your real estate team: lawyer/ notary, home inspector etc
- When you find your dream place, make an offer
- If your offer is accepted, do all the conditions on your offer by the deadline given to you. (E.g. finalize financing etc).
- Remove subjects (the conditions to buy)
- On completion day, you pay for the house
- On possession day, you get the house!